Registering Your Company With Companies House

There are many benefits to registering your company with Companies House. But once you have decided to do so, how do you go about the process? Here are some guidelines to get you started.

If you choose to work directly with Companies House, you will save a little bit of money. You can ask them for most of the forms and papers you need: a memorandum of association, articles of association, Form 10, and Form 12. Simply ring up Companies House and request copies of these forms. The memorandum of association and articles of association forms can also be obtained from most solicitors and company formation agents.

There will be a small fee from Companies House for company registration; however, it may be wise to outsource the services of a company formation agency, as they can ensure you receive your company registration number quicker and can have you trading as a limited company within 48 hours.

If you are unsure of yourself, and would rather go to a third party for the company registration process, going with a company formation agent can save you money and hassle. Generally, they offer set package deals depending on your companys needs. They should also offer help and support as you go through the process.

While a solicitor will offer expert help, and certainly knows and understands the legalities of the situation, you will probably pay a lot more for his services.

All of these methods are acceptable, so choosing which way to go is entirely up to what you feel comfortable with, or what your company can afford.